Friday, April 10, 2009

Yesterday Kya and I made a quick stop at the grocery store and the cashier asked the inevitable question, "Why aren't you at school/"

Kya can be a bit shy with new people so she looked to me and I answered for her. The cashier was very nice and continued asking me questions. She then turned back to Kya and asked her, "Do you study hard?" To which Kya responded, "No."

I got a bit of a withering look from the cashier at this point but I was beaming. My daughter is bright, creative, articulate, loves reading, is a wonderful dancer, and so much more. She achieved all of this without "studying hard" but instead by living a life where she has the time and freedom to do the things she loves. At eight years old this is what life should be. Heck, I think its a pretty good goal for 33. :)

No comments: